itmafricaltdrw ITM AFRICA
We are recruiting for an Investment company in Kigali, Rwanda.
ITM Africa is currently assisting an investment company in the hiring of a Senior Business Advisor.
Our client provides growth capital to early stage and growing SMEs in Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda. They customize the necessary packages based on the needs of each company; not only post-investment, but also beforehand to get the SMEs to the point of being due diligence and investment ready; focusing on finance, accounting, investment planning, strategy, governance, operations, supply chain management, HR, and ESG standards.
As a Senior Business Advisor, you will be hands-on, on-site, and end-to-end involved with SMEs, to help them become DD and investment ready, and assist them in maximizing growth, scaling operations, improving business performance and realizing their impact potential.
What you will do:
Problem identification and non-financial business needs assessment
- Research and data collection through team meetings and consultations to understand the operational business needs, capacity gaps, risks and projections.
- Organize data on market trends and business competition, product or service demands, and other related topics to support critical analysis.
- Document review and analysis of information such as business flows, sales statistics, operational processes and procedures, ESG standards, and other relevant data; identify respective gaps.
- Develop a report as summary of all the gathered data and facts, including logical conclusions based on valid arguments.
Formulation of recommendations and subsequent implementation
- Recommend and implement customized options with clear milestones to address operational, performance and impact gaps, recognizing the uniqueness of each company, distinguishing between pre- and post-investment.
- Design and implement the creation of systems and procedures to streamline and create operational efficiencies, also generating the necessary data for management decision making.
- Develop milestones for ESG improvement in the future and monitor the respective execution.
- Train and/or coach the business’ team responsible for implementation.
- Monitor pro-actively the progress of implementation and develop corresponding and concise progress reports.
- Screen potential businesses for investment, based on various operational, financial, and ESG criteria.
- Interact with local partners and pipeline feeder organizations.
You will be the right fit if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Engineering.
- Management consulting experience (tangible experience in managing operational processes of manufacturing companies will be considered a plus.)
- Intensive knowledge and understanding, by experience, of streamlining operations and installing/using management controls.
- Demonstrated experience with Environmental, Social and Governance standards.
- Knowledge of the East African SME sector (specific understanding of the agribusinesses and/or (light) manufacturing sector in the region will be considered a plus.)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, with a self-driven attitude.
- Abilities to establish a mixture of empathy, trust, confidentiality and straightforwardness, paramount to help the entrepreneur to see things more clearly from a different view-point.
- Excellent feedback, interpersonal and communication skills
- Creativity and flexibility to interact with entrepreneurs to offer individualized services.
- Commitment and self-motivation
- Enjoy seeing the results and impact of your work, making a difference in the environment that surrounds you.
Application deadline: 09th May 2021*
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next steps.